Family Pic

Family Pic

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hospital...

Well, I didn't make it into the dr's office Thursday morning. Instead, I ended up in the hospital.

About 3am my back was starting to hurt me, so I decided to go lay on the couch so I wouldn't wake up Craig by tossing and turning. After I got up and started moving around, I started to feel really sick and ended up getting dry heaves.

Craig got up to come and check on me and paged Dr. Huchison. He called us back immediately. I felt really bad calling him so early in the morning, but it was a good thing I did. He wanted me to go to St. Joseph's Hospital to be put on IV Fluids and be seen by a radiologist who could drain the fluid that was collecting in my abdomen.

Once in the Emergency Room, they took some information and brought me back to a room. Just that little bit of walking made me sick again. They started an IV and took some blood. By this time, it was about 4:30am. At about 6am the doctor came in and told us that they would be admitting me to the hospital. There weren't any rooms available so I would have to wait in my room at the emergency room until they had space for me.

They took me down to radiology once they opened and ended up draining 3 liters of fluid from my abdomen.

I was finally taken to a room at about 2pm. Craig called my Mom then and she came down to Tucson to stay with me while Craig went to our store to get things taken care of there then went home to get some sleep.

Mom went home that evening when I started to fall asleep so she could get things taken care of on her end then came back the next morning. She stayed the rest of the week with me which was a huge relief for both Craig and I. Thank you so much Mom.

I was taken back to radiology the next two days and had another 3 liters drained each day. The fourth day they didn't see much fluid so they didn't drain anything. The next day, there wasn't much fluid in my abdomen but the radiologist saw some fluid in my lung cavities. They could only drain one a day, so they drained my right one because it had the most fluid.

After that it was just a matter waiting for my body to stop holding onto fluids. I was released from the hospital on the 12th and was back to work on the 14th.

Of the 8 eggs that fertilized, only 2 continued to grow. They were able to freeze those two embryos, which they'll transfer at a later date. I'll start birth control pills at the beginning of my next cycle then I'll have an ultrasound to see if my ovaries have gone back down to size.

No comments: