Family Pic

Family Pic

Friday, September 4, 2009

To my sweet baby girls.

Dear Allison and Emmily,

Four years and ten months ago Daddy and I started to work on our dreams of having a family. Never in a million years did we think it would be as much of a struggle as it was. There were times when we thought it just wasn't going to happen. But we never gave up. Now you are only a few weeks away from being born. We couldn't be happier. We loved you for such a long time and I can't wait to see your little faces and tell you just how much that is.

I've been very lucky to have a fairly uncomplicated pregnancy. I was on bed rest for the last three weeks of my first trimester, but that really is it. All the scary things I've read about being pregnant with twins, I've managed to avoid. You have both grown right on track with where the doctors think you should be. I'm already so proud of you both.

Allison, the doctors call you Baby A because you are going to be the oldest. For the longest time you were laying right around the middle to lower part of my belly. I felt your movements first and more often through out my pregnancy. During our ultrasounds you seem to want to be the star of the show. Your measurements are usually taken first. Once the technician moves on to your sister, you tend to try to get back on the screen. Either by kicking, punching or moving your head into the area. From the ultrasounds you have a cute little button nose and are slightly smaller than Emmily. I can't wait to see how your personality develops. Maybe you'll be our little movie star.

Emmily, the doctors refer to you as Baby B because you are higher up, which means you will be born second. You have spend the majority of my pregnancy in my ribs. You like to be stretched out as much as possible and as a result made my ribs spread out quite a bit. Because you were under my bones I didn't really feel your movements as much, but I did feel the side effects of them. My ribs got very sore. During our first big ultrasound you were laying on your belly. At the second one you looked like you were trying to wiggle your way up as high into my ribs as you can go. You are a little bigger than Allison, but you also have a cute little nose. I think you have your Daddy's cheeks. I can't wait to see if you are going to be our snuggle bug.

As of our last ultrasound you two have moved to more of a side by side position. You like to push your heads in opposite directions to my sides. While it is cute to see you both moving around at the same time, it also tends to make it hard for me to breath. Today I am 33 weeks 4 days pregnant with you two. I've read that twins are considered full term as early as 34 weeks, that's only 3 days away. I hope you keep growing and developing your lungs a little longer than that. My guess is that you will be here right around 36 weeks. My hope for your birth is that you are both completely healthy and able breath on your own. No matter what, Daddy and I will be there with you the entire time.

We love you more than you can ever know and we are so excited to finally meet you. We're not the only ones, either. Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Rachelle and Uncle Jason and your cousins Jordan, Skyler, Jadynn and Kenzee will be there to see you as soon as possible. Grandma might even be there when you are born. We have so many other family members and friends that are waiting to meet you, too.

So keep growing my sweet angels. Get as strong as you can over the next few weeks. Daddy and I will see you very soon.

Love always,
Mommy

2 comments:

Joy said...

ooooo...made me cry, how sweet!! I sure hope I have a day off shortly after your angels are born. I plan to drive down to see you asap after they are born. Keep up the GREAT baby growing !

John and Amanda said...

this is one of the sweetest letters i've ever read. i'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet those sweet girls!