Family Pic

Family Pic

Monday, February 2, 2009

No Starches, No Sugar & Crazy Hormones

That is a bad combination! Well, at least it was for me.

Because I hyper-stimulated last year, the doctor is very concerned about trying to prevent it this time. On top of that, I'm high risk for gestational diabetes because of my PCOS. So my diet was very restricted. No starches what so ever and no sugar or sugar substitutes.

What do you eat?? I stuck to turkey, cheese, eggs, fruits and veggies. I did okay, kind of bland, but okay. Then Friday night came around and they were gone. We needed to go to the grocery store, which was on the agenda for Saturday afternoon. Sounds reasonable, right?

Apparently not when you're hormones are still going crazy! I couldn't find anything to eat Friday night all we had was ice cream, chocolate chips, cereal, rice, pasta, potatoes, popcorn & instant oatmeal. UGH! That was it, my emotions let loose and the flood gates opened.

Craig found me in our room and asked me what I was doing. I told him nothing. He comes over, rubs my arm and asked why I was crying. Awe, how sweet... until I told him because I can't find anything to eat. He lost it, and laughed and laughed. Which of course made it worse for me, so I cried some more. Then he felt bad and asked why didn't I have a banana and some peanut butter. Then I replied, we don't have any bananas and our peanut butter went bad!

Now I can look back and laugh. But now I have food I can eat, too!

No comments: